Values & Ethos
Our Mission Statement:
At Farington Primary School, we strive to provide a safe, stable, enriching and stimulating learning environment. We promote the value and respect of each other, providing outstanding role models for our children to aspire to. We place great emphasis on developing confidence, independence and high self-esteem. We also provide opportunities for all children and members of our school community to achieve academically, physically, creatively and socially and develop resilience.
Our Vision and Curriculum Intent:
Our school is devoted to supporting each and every child’s educational needs, and to helping them prepare for all the challenges that lie ahead. Our aim is to make it possible for each child to be inspired to learn by discovery, begin developing ambition, and to follow the path that enables them to realise their dreams.
To achieve this…
- Parents, staff and governors will work in partnership to support a broad and balanced curriculum that aims to meet the needs of each child’s progress and attainment. All stakeholders must have the highest expectations, whilst recognising that children develop and progress at different rates.
- Our nurturing ethos remains continually at our core, with its existence supportively promoting positive self-image, behaviour, tolerance, respect and a secure sense of belonging. It is this belief that shapes and guides the strong foundations of our school’s committed and caring relationships.
- Our ethos will inspire and promote high quality education, and strive to equip our children intellectually, emotionally and physically to develop their inner self-confidence and knowledge. We will support every child in working to reach their own individual potential, whatever that may be, to develop all their skills needed to succeed on the next path of their lifelong learning journey.
At Farington Primary School the curriculum is designed to build on children’s previous learning to develop knowledge, skills and understanding through practical, first hand learning experiences and opportunities. Our children are eager to learn general knowledge and everyday basic skills which will provide them with a solid basis to grow into confident, independent adults who have the capability to succeed in whichever path in life they choose.
It is important to us that our children are encouraged and supported to become confident, motivated and aspirational learners – developing lifelong learning skills such as resilience, risk-taking, reflection and respect for themselves and others. It is important that they become socially and emotionally aware in order to develop positive collaborative working relationships with others.
Our aim is to ensure that every child recognises, understands and appreciates their place in their local community and the wider world and that they can show responsibility for, and take pride in, making their own valuable contributions to this.
A wide range of communication and presentation skills are vital for all of our children in order to be able to express themselves appropriately and effectively. In an ever-changing world we aspire to enable our children to have a growth mind set and to be at the forefront of change for the better. We aim to develop confidence and inspiration to dream big; desire and determination to chase those dreams and passion and persistence to succeed.
Our curriculum has been designed with the views of parents, children, governors and staff considered. It recognises the unique and special nature of our pupils who come from a wide range of backgrounds. The curriculum seeks to provide a range of experiences that will inspire and excite children to improve. This involves an engaging, varied curriculum, which includes experiences that many of our pupils may not have had, such as residentials, work with authors, a broad range of sporting activities, educational visits and opportunities to learn about other religions and cultures. We also provide a curriculum that ensures that pupils leave with additional skills, so that they become good citizens. E.g. Financial Management, First Aid, Links with schools aboard and an awareness of wider social issues, such as Fairtrade and environmental awareness.
Our curriculum is being reviewed at the moment and we are continuing to bridge across with the delivery of the National Curriculum. Our curriculum and the delivery of it meets the needs of our children and we, as a school, strive to adapt this accordingly for maximum effect. This review is an ongoing process that is designed to meet the needs of each of our children.
Why choose Farington Primary School?
- We will work in close partnership with staff, parents and our local community to create a nurturing school.
- We will provide a wide-ranging curriculum that inspires and motivates children to learn, through development of key skills and attitudes, equipping pupils for life in modern Britain. Through our curriculum entitlement, we provide access to real-life experiences in order to deepen knowledge and understanding by building on previous learning.
- We will strive to equip our children with a high standard of skills in English and Mathematics; Learning will driven by vocabulary development and real-life contexts.
- We will insist upon good manners, tolerance and respect of others through core British values.
- We will do our utmost to provide every child with the support, nurture and guidance needed to meet their individual goals and targets, thereby raising their aspirations and self-belief.
- We will work to develop independent and resilient children in their learning and personal development, fostering a ‘can do’ attitude.We will develop a sense of pride in the achievements of self and others.
Our Curriculum Overview Document expands further on how and what our curriculum entails.