- Please click here for this information.
Admissions Policy for September 2018's Intake
If the school is oversubscribed, priority will be given to:-
1. Looked after children, or those who have been previously looked after.*
2. Children for whom the Local Authority accepts that there are exceptional medical social or welfare reasons which are directly relevant to the school concerned.
3. Children with older brothers and/or sisters** who will still be attending Higham St John's
Primary School when the younger child starts.If you wish to apply for a place, please follow this link.
4. The remaining places are allocated according to where children live. Those living nearest to the school (measured by a straight line) will have priority.
*This includes any "looked after child", “previously looked after children” and any child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order.
** Brothers and sisters include adopted and foster children who are living with the same family at the same address.
- Parents may access the most recent report about the school published by her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Education, Children's Services and Skills on the Ofsted website. Please click here to access this information.
Key Stage 2 Results
- Click here to see details of our EYFS, Key Stage 1 & Key Stage 2 results for July 2017.
- Click here for a direct link to the DfE school performance tables website, which will allow you to compare the performance of different schools.
Our School Curriculum:
- Information about our curriculum can be found in the school prospectus. Click here to download a copy.
- Click here to read more about our curriculum
- The measures determined by the headteacher under section 89 of the Education and Inspections Act 2006 (determination by headteacher of behaviour policy). Please click here for a copy of the school behaviour policy.
- The Pupil Premium is funding in addition to the school's budget and is allocated to schools to work with pupils who have been registered for free school meals at any point in the last six years (known as ‘Ever 6 FSM’). Schools are free to decide how to allocate this funding to best support their pupils. Click here to see our Pupil Premium Strategy statement for 2016/17
Primary School PE and Sport Funding.
- The Sports Premium is additional funding provided to schools to improve the quantity, quality and uptake of sport, both within school and outside. Click here to see how our funding has been spent.
Special Educational Needs & Accessibility
- SEN Information Report Governor Annual Report - Implementation of the Special Educational Needs Policy 2016/2017 Click Here
- Special Educational Needs Policy Click Here
- Click here to read our 'SEN Information Report & Local Offer.'
- To find our more information about 'Local Offers' click here which will take you to the Lancashire County Council Information
- For a copy of our Accessibility Plan click here
Charging and Remissions Policy
- The school's charging and remissions policy determined by them under section 457 of EA 1996(a). Please click here for details.
A statement of the school's ethos and values.
- Please click on 'Our Mission Statement' on the main menu /Our School above for this information. The school prospectus also includes our school's ethos and values. Click here to download a copy.
Privacy Statement & Data Protection
- Please click here for our statement on how we hold your information and who we share it with.
Request for copies:
If a parent would like a copy of the information on our school’s website we will happily provide it free of charge.